This is a fabulous side dish, salad topping, or my favorite dip with chips!
Recipe Found HERE
|Yes, I forgot to add the corn in this pic!|
- 2 ears fresh corn (or frozen corn)
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1 (14.5 oz) can black beans
- 1 red bell pepper, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh chopped cilantro (plus a bit more for garnish, if desired)
- 1 avocado (optional)
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice, from 1-2 limes
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large garlic clove, roughly chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (2 peppers, not 2 cans; use smaller peppers and if they are all large, use only 1-1/2)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the corn, cover, and turn the heat down to low. Simmer for 10 minutes. Remove the corn from the water and let cool.
- Meanwhile, place the chopped red onions in a small bowl and cover with water. Let sit about ten minutes, then drain completely in a sieve and set aside.
- Place the beans in a sieve; run under cold water to rinse well. Let drain completely and set aside.
- Holding the cooled corn upright in a large bowl, cut the kernels off the cob in strips. Add the beans, red onion, red bell pepper and cilantro.
- Make the dressing by combining all of the ingredients in a blender or mini food processor; process until smooth.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or, preferably, overnight.
- Right before serving, add freshly diced avocado. Toss the salad gently, then taste and adjust seasoning if necessary (a squeeze of fresh lime to freshen it up). Garnish with a bit of fresh chopped cilantro if desired. Serve cold.